Friday, January 10, 2014

Over the bridge ..

Have you ever visited the wonderful city of New Orleans ? Most people add the famous Lake Ponchartrain Causeway to the top of their "must see" list while here for the first time .. The wonderful 24 mile long bridge amazes most .
 I mean it's not everyday one gets to ride across the worlds longest overwater bridge . Now let me tell you how much love I have for this bridge . I HATE IT !!! While dealing with the tumor in my leg I probably crossed this bridge more than 100 times . It gets old I promise . But today as I get ready to drive through the toll booth ( no I'm not driving and blogging . Today I'm being chauffeured by my amazing father ) it holds a much more significant meaning . I'm headed to my last pre-op appointment before surgery Monday . When I cross this bridge Monday I will literally be leaving the old me behind here on the north shore and the city will represent my new life holding much more opportunity and exciting adventures ! The nerves continue to increase ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment